What are the 7 Dimensions of Wellness, you ask? So glad you did 🙂
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Social: Social wellness refers to the relationships we have, how we interact with others, and our ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
2. Emotional: Emotional wellness is our ability to understand and express ourselves, and to cope with challenges life may bring.
3. Spiritual: Spiritual wellness refers to our ability to establish peace and harmony in our lives.
4. Environmental: Environmental wellness is our ability to make a positive impact on the world around us (the quality of the air, water and land), and to recognize the importance in doing so.
5. Occupational: Occupational wellness is the ability to get personal fulfillment from our career field, while also finding balance between our jobs and other aspects of our lives.
6. Intellectual: Intellectual wellness refers to the willingness to open our minds to new skills, new endeavors and new challenges. In a nutshell: lifelong learning.
7. Physical: Physical wellness is the ability to maintain a quality of life such that our daily tasks are easy and enjoyable. It includes the recognition that our behaviors have a direct affect on our wellness and that by developing healthy habits (such a not smoking or limiting the consumption of processed foods), our physical wellness may be optimized.
Copyright 2015 MyNewWell.com. All Rights Reserved.